The Tate St Ives Project is a refurbishment and extension project set to expand, improve and transform Tate, St Ives.
Application: CARES Approved Reinforcement
Date: June 2015 – 2017
Engineer: Price & Myers
Contractor: BAM Construction
Sub Contractor: Thames Valley Construction
Supplying the reinforcing bar for this project was a challenge as the build requirements included prefabricated cages, galvanising and thermal zinc coating, as well as an impressive 40mm Griptec rebar coupling system specifically designed for applications where neither bar can be rotated; the unique position stud allows rotation when both bars are fixed.
Due to the high temperatures of hot dip galvanising, the 40mm coupled rebar could not be galvanised as it compromised the threads on the couplers so Devoran Metals found the alternative solution of Thermal Zinc Metal Coating which maintained the integrity of the coupler.
The Tate was completed in 2017.
PROJECT BUILD COMPONENTS:
- CARES Approved BS4449 Reinforcing Bar, cut & bent in accordance with BS8666:2005
- CARES Approved Griptec Rebar Couplers to suit 40mm Fixed Reinforcing Bars
- Comax Continuity Strip Starter Box System
- CARES Approved Reinforcing Fabric to BS4443:1998 or 2005
- Ancon Shearfix Punching Shear Rails
- Reelfix Tying System
- Reinforcing Accessories
- Hot Dip Galvanising to BS EN ISO:14641:2009
- Thermal Zinc Metal Coating
^ Back to projects